Do you have a blog? Did you check your blog analytics today? Where are you? What is the utility of having a blog with just 100 readers a month? If you have started a blog, you will want to make a buzz with it.
So what are the ingredients for good blogging?
Mere content writing and pushing it into your blog will never earn you the fame story. There is something beyond writing that adds a zest to your blog. Well that is spreading the word. Today the web boils down to one single word “Sharing”. It is the human web and we are all separated by six degrees. So is it difficult to let others know that you blog? No.
Integrate your blog with social media for optimal search results.
Yes, you need to go out of the box and promote your blog. You could definitely add dashes of SEO to organize and get better search results in the search engines. Here there are no trash marketing middlemen or million dollar adverts that can cost you a fortune. Social media has eliminated these steps. All you need to do is become active on social networking platforms.
Social media is the best way to vent out ideas and that goes viral in no time. Social media fame can be termed as meteoric. In a short span of time social media buzz has gained a lot of oomph. The reason is that it has helped the mass to neglect the aversions of information digestion easily. If your blog is on well social media, you will also stay abreast of important people.
How will go out in the social media arena?
- Make sure you write regularly and make your blog niche that can arouse interest.
- Start connecting with other bloggers. Join blog networks such as BlogCatalog, MyBlogLog, BlogFrog and may more communities.
- Start a forum for your blog so that your readers get a place to have their say. Get an entire community active on your blog topics.
- Integrate social media buttons in your blog. Every time a reader comes to your blog, he/she can easily share it on Twitter, Facebook and other social networking/bookmarking platforms. Just a “Like” button can work wonders. If you watch Seth Godin’s blog, one will find that all his blog posts have 12,333 people “Like” this. These numbers are important when it comes to world of mouth!
- There are myriad social media applications that can turbo charge your blog. You need traffic? You need readership? So turn on your readers with your presence on various social networking platforms. This will create an innovative circle where your fans are bound to bounce back to you. There are a lot of automated social media tools that will spread the word for your blog in no time. You could adhere to Tweetdeck, GoogleBuzz, FourSquare.
The net result is that you reach out a bigger network of readers/audience/people. Social media is a framework and not a strategy. There are no set rules. You just have to get on with it. You need to think on how you can go about it rather than hankering for it.
What is cooking?
Big Marketing stalwarts are now shifting to capture the huge market there. In the human web, discussions are generated naturally to enhance a brand’s presence. You never know when your blog suddenly turns into a brand overnight. The more you are talked about, your fame story turns out to be glorious.
How can you fix the goal and get into the social media framework?
- When you are starting a blog, you must have certain things in mind. Why to write blindly? Decide on a niche area. This is the age of nicheworking rather than mere networking. Once you have decided on the focus, you can give your blog a slight light business angle as you take off with a goal. For example, if you are writing a blog on “Fashion”, you can take up a niche like “Boutiques in your city”. Start promoting them for free via social media and you will get loads of content. Then one fine day this can turn into a global marketplace for fashion boutiques.
- Next comes the mantra of your audience. Initially for a blogger, readers are the audience. Once the blog starts gearing up with readers, those readers turn into consumers. So hang out with your readers on Facebook, Twitter and other similar places.
- Pitch your blog via social media to your readers so that they speak to others about you. For example, with this “fashion boutique”, if you can induce one reader who is a student at a particular fashion designing institute, he/she might be interested in opening up a boutique. In this case your blog becomes the perfect good place. Target people who are looking out for free promotions. Definitely you can do that easily! It could be that the entire fashion institute students decide to come to your blog to launch their products later on. So your blog gets metamorphosed into a bigger online destination.
- The idea is not to push your ideas. Let them flow. Streamline your thoughts. Stick to your niche area. When you are using the social media, connect with the right people.
It is essential that when you are blogging, you are consistent. If you have an impressive number of visitors in your blog, love them. Post articles on a regular basis which your readers might find interesting. Offer them something which makes them come back.
Blog networking is synonymous to a delicious chicken soup! You just have to add the right ingredients so that your readers can gorge on it. So while you write, connect immediately. Within nick of time, you will see great results. A good blogger friend of yours could refer to your blog. The more recommendations you get from the den of ranters and professionals, half the job is done. You need to compliment others as well so that they reply back. So if you can spread across and if your blog has something out of the box to offer, surely your dish is complete. But nevertheless keep serving. There is no end-point here. You only have to make things better…better…..bigger….and this goes on!