You’ve probably heard this a million times: if you want to have more visitors, you have to leave more comments. It’s one thing to leave short and meaningless comments, it’s another thing to leave comments that will intrigue a person.
Why is it so important to place a comment with substance now and then? Well because people like appreciation. You can show your appreciation in so many ways, like re-tweeting there article, by bookmarking it or by simply leaving a nice comment on his or her blog.
Leaving a Comment?!
By leaving a comment, you are connecting and letting them see that you are genuinely interested in the article. Showing genuine appreciation is the most valuable thing you can give. Remember that!
So how do you make a comment that attracts visitors?
- Read. First read the article and really think about what you like and why you like it.
- Elaborate. When you’re writing your comment, really elaborate. Don’t hold back!
- Revise. Read and edit your comment.
- Publish. When you satisfied, publish it. Oh and don’t forget to link back.
As you can see, these steps are very easy. But don’t think you can just skip one step. No, the art of leaving a comment is to have structure and balance. Only then you will become a master in commenting.
This is what you will get
You’re probably thinking “by using these steps, what will I get in return?” Well, this is what you will get!
- Get noticed. Every visitor will see your comment.
- Get connected. When they see your comment, people will think “oh wow…what an interesting comment, who is this person?” and they will goo to your blog and maybe leave you a comment back.
- Increases your backlinks. Every time you leave a comment, you are creating a backlink. So remember to add your url, so people can find you.
- Image. How people comment says a lot about who they are. So the next time you are thinking of leaving a comment, ask your self this “what kind of person do I want to be”.
Now, I know it’s hard sometimes to find the right words to express yourself. But remember, there is no rush. Take your time to develop a certain technique and eye for detail. Start small and then challenge yourself. I hope I have inspired you to think before writing and to show your most utter appreciation. I promise you, you wont regret it.
If you have any tips, please share them! And remember to apply the art of commenting when you do, thanks!
I’m curious, what do you think about showing your appreciation by commenting? How do you mostly write your comments?
This post is part of our amazing Blogging Contest, plz add a comment and tweet it to support the author.