Today is Tuesday and this means that we are going to present our weekly round up. All the marketing articles I present to you here were submitted to the MMO social bookmark and network at one point or another. So if you want to get your article listed here then be sure to submit your posts to MMO.
Because of the feedback I got I want to change my weekly round up a little bit. I am going to add some information as to why I chose each article. Then depending on the topic I will also sprout up a discussion on a related topic.
Hit-and-run Social Bookmarking
There is a very important article I want to highlight today, it’s about the Hit-and-run Social Bookmarking technique that most of members are following, once they get theirs submission completed, they just run without checking what others submitted to the site, only a few members take the time to check the upcoming stories which is not actually published yet on the site, and it will not appear in the RSS feed because it doesn’t have enough votes, it will remain in queue for 2 days till we archive it, and this happen to a lot or your links!
So, basically what you are doing is you are wasting your time and effort, you are not getting a quality backlink or any traffic because your link will not reach the homepage! If every member did the Hit-and-run then there will be no published and promoted articles! and this is not what social bookmarking sites are about!
Plz, submit your article, tweet it using the “Post to twitter” link, check the other submissions in the upcoming stories and vote if you find it useful!
Here is What I Have Found For You Today on MMO Social Network
- Why Your Content is Killing Your Website – I enjoyed reading the article because it’s a somewhat different approach to how your content should ultimately look like.
- 10 Best Marketing Tips that Will Blow Your Mind – This article covers the basics of Internet marketing but also gives some in-depth insight into email marketing which I particularly enjoyed.
- Write Your Book – This articles covers 10 reasons why you should write a book at some point in your life. I liked the post because it shows you the benefits of being an author.
- Email Marketing: HTML vs Plain Text Emails? – I like the topic he talks about and also the content of the article which talks about what’s better to use HTML vs plain text. He also presents some very interesting ideas here.
- List Building – The Seven Best Methods – Here Andrew presents some good ideas on how you can get more people to sign up for your subscriber list. Definitely worth reading.
- Why Your blog is an Epic Failure – I enjoyed reading the article because I believe that there are so many people, me included, that make the same mistakes about blogging over and over again.
- 3 Biggest Mistakes That Newbie Affiliate Marketers Make – Raymond writes about what most people don’t do when they start to try and make money through affliate marketing. I have made several of the mistakes myself. It’s definitely worth reading.
- Robin Low: A Guide to Entrepreneurship – Basically the article includes an ebook about entrepreneurship which I think is very valuable. Take a look at it.
- Writing For Traffic or Visitors? Have You Been Doing It All Wrong? – I enjoyed reading Jack’s article. As the title suggests he talks about whether you should write for SEO purposes or with your readers in mind.
- 8 Ways Affiliates Can Benefit from Twitter – I enjoyed this article because it’s not the generic Twitter tools post. It talks about how bloggers can benefit from Twitter and is definitely worth reading.
To make this more interesting for you I want to talk about how I choose the links I include in my weekly round up. Generally I will include every article that I think fits to the topic I choose. For example this week I decided to stick with marketing articles.
There were some articles that didn’t have anything, at least in my opinion, to do with marketing and that’s why I left them out. I also look at the blog and how it is designed. The cleaner and the nicer the layout the more likely is that I am going to include your article in our round up.
Also note that one of the most important factors is whether an article is generic or whether it covers new ideas of approaching things.
What do you think? Do you like the changes I adopted to the weekly round up? What do you think should we change? And most important of all did you like the articles I included?